Here's my version of his icosahedron:
I colored it in this one so that you can see the pentagonal faces of a dodecahedron:
Here I made one that looks like a cube:
Some of my students asked me how to make these and they took it a step further and made something based off of the truncated icosahedron which is one of the common stitching patterns on a soccer ball.
Three years ago I made a wreath based off of Richard Sweeney's curved triangular unit and Thomas Hull's modular origami tori:
Everything is made from flat paper. The curvature is due to the folding process.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades