Forum Thread: Project ideas (Please submit some!)

Project ideas: I have lots of ideas, but I'm always looking for more. If there's anything that's even vaguely related to math, art, architecture, science-based art, etc. that you're interested in, please share!

8 Responses

I'm not sure where this could go, but I'm hypnotized by fractal geometry found in natural objects... like this romanseco broccoli:

stunning!

I love the romanseco broccoli!  I once had a student whose family grew them bring in one to show the class when we were doing a quick unit on fractals. They are just as amazingly weird in real-life as in pictures!

Hmmm....  I definitely plan on having some fractal posts and projects.  Now I have some ideas for some mathematical food and food play posts.

food related geometry would be so awesome!

I cant seem to get the idea of using octahedrons as some sort of building blocks out of my head. I still don't know what exactly to do with the idea, which is why I'm posting it here as inspiration.

Make polyhedrons from paper templates. My new site let's you create your own custom polyhedrons - including templates and downloadable gifs:

http://polytemplate.com

I'm playing with some some tensegrity and stiff wire models of knots (torus and Turk's Head).
I can provide more details if anyone is interested.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active